General Shareholders’ Meeting
EPV Energy Ltd’s highest authority is vested in the General Shareholders’ Meeting, which elects the Board and makes decisions in statutory issues, as well as in other issues specifically defined in the Articles of Association.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is responsible for the company’s administration and for organising the company’s operations according to the law, Articles of Association and the decisions of the General Shareholders’ Meeting. The Board also supervises the company’s operations and administration and makes decisions on company strategy, operational policy, significant investments and financing. The Board is elected for one year at a time in an Ordinary General Meeting. The Board has 10–12 ordinary members and five deputy members. The deputy members have the right to attend General Meetings. The Chair of the Board is nominated by the largest shareholder. The Vice Chair is nominated by the Board.
Members of the Board in 2019:
- Olli Arola, Director
- Stefan Damlin, CEO
- Marko Haapala, CEO
- Vesa Hätilä, CEO
- Miapetra Kumpula-Natri, Member of the European Parliament (Chair of the Board)
- Pekka Manninen, CEO
- Mikko Rajala, Energy Director
- Anders Renvall, CEO (Deputy Chair of the Board)
- Joakim Strand, Member of Parliament
- Markku Vartia, Director
- Roger Holm, CEO
- Ahti Källi, CEO
- Kari Roos, Director
- Jukka Ylitalo, CEO
- Hans-Alexander Öst, Director
CEO and Management Team
The company’s CEO is Rami Vuola (MSc) and his Deputy CEO is Director of Finance Markku Källström (MSc Economics and BEng). The Management Team also includes the following members:
- Sami Kuitunen (MSc)
- Frans Liski (MSc)
- Reima Neva (MSc)
- Niko Paaso (MSc)
- Mats Söderlund (MSc)
The subsidiaries and affiliated companies belonging to the EPV Energy Ltd Group have their own administrative bodies, in the management and supervision of which EPV actively participates.
The Ordinary Auditors elected for EPV are Tatu Huhtala (CA) and the audit firm Ernst & Young Oy, with Mikko Rytilahti (CA) as main responsible Auditor. The Vice Auditors are Anders Svennas (CA) and Kristian Berg (CA).
Maintaining the know-how of the EPV Energy Group’s personnel plays a key role in ensuring the continuous development of our operations. It is the goal of our personnel strategy to ensure that our employees are highly committed, motivated and engaged in continuous development. We strive to guarantee a healthy and safe working environment, while nurturing a culture of doing things together.
For more than three years, our personnel’s job satisfaction has been regularly examined through various staff surveys. These surveys show that EPV is an inspiring place to work. Our personnel consist of professionals and experts in their fields who have diverse experience of the energy sector spanning more than four decades. Our competent and skilled employees are our most important resource.
The key tasks of our personnel:
- Power procurement and balance management
- Efficient management of power plant assets
- Reliable use of the electricity network
- Developing new business models
The targets of our personnel:
- To create added value for the company’s shareholders by governing assets
- To supervise the operational entities connected to assets
- To develop personal know-how
- To maintain a supportive work atmosphere
In 2019, the average number of EPV Energy Group personnel was 106 (101). At the end of the year
- 55 (51) employees served EPV Energy
- 4 (3) employees served EPV Alueverkko
- 21 (21) employees served Tornion Voima Oy
- 26 (27) employees served Seinäjoen Voima Oy.
At the end of 2019, of the Group’s total personnel, 80 were officials and 26 employees.